Following are my symptoms:
1. I have light skin color
2. It is hard and sometime boils appears
3. Since last 5yrs my hair is not growing
What are the causes of rough skin and falling hair? Can you suggest me natural homemade remedy for rough skin on face.
Dry Rough Facial Skin
Dry and rough skin has a low sebum level and it is sensitive to the external atmosphere. It is unable to retain moisture.
Reason for dry skin includes a variety of conditions, such as harsh soaps, sunlight, warm air, elderly persons and diet.Dehydration can also cause dry skin.
The other causes of dry skin are
- Some people have dry skin in their family, i.e. it has a genetic association
- Skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis can also cause dry skin.
- Vitamin deficiency especially vitamin A and vitamin B complex deficiency can also cause dry skin.
- Systemic diseases such as hypothyroidism, diabetes and kidney disease can also cause dry skin.
- Certain drugs like antihistamine, antispasmodic are responsible for dryness of skin.
Home remedy for dry facial skin
- Moisturizer in natural form is coconut oil. It is one of the most important treatments used for dry skin.
- Puree made from banana, papaya or peach, apply it on the face for half an hour, then wash it with plain water. You can apply coconut oil on the skin after washing the face.
- Milk is also beneficial in dry skin. Apply it on the face and then wash it after half an hour with water.
There may be patches of skin of the face where there are no hairs; it can be due to fungal infection or alopecia areata. Check with a dermatologist and have a culture done.
Diet for skin health
- Green leafy vegetables, fruits should be eaten liberally
- Hydrate yourself enough by drinking at least 2 liters of water in a day.
- Add a teaspoon of flax seed in your morning breakfast diet; it contains essential fatty acid which helps in building skin elasticity and its moisture.
Fruits containing vitamin C are also beneficial in decreasing skin drynes