Neutralizing Stomach Acid Naturally
Gastrointestinal reflux disease is condition, which is characterized by heart burn, water brash and vomiting. This condition is due to excessive stimulation and production of gastric acid which regurgitates into the esophagus. Further, excessive production of stomach acid can also result in gaseous distension and digestive disturbances.
Tips on How To Neutralize Stomach Acid
- Ensure that you take meals at regular times. Don’t skip meals. Don’t eat late at night. Faulty dietary patterns can result in excessive production of stomach acid which can result in health problems including stomach ulcers.
- Avoid smoking or consuming alcohol. Avoid spicy, salty and oily foods. All these foods stimulate and increase the production of stomach acid. Avoid consumption of tea and coffee.
- Milk and milk products are alkaline in nature and act as the most effective foods that neutralize stomach acids. Alternatively, boiled rice, potatoes, spinach, figs, etc have also been found effective in neutralizing stomach acid.
- Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables, except Plums, Prunes, Cranberries, etc which are highly acidic.
- As per Mayo Clinics, butter, margarine, honey, etc are considered to be neutral products and effective to neutralize stomach acids.