Question: The left side of my face is swelling noticeably the last few months. Could this be a problem with lymph system? I haven’t had a facial for a while? I want to know what causes swelling on one side of face.
Answer: I want to know whether you have any pain associated with the swelling.
- Is there a change of skin color on the affected side of your face?
- Do you get pain while eating or drinking?
- Do you have any history of cold and cough of long duration?
- Do you remember of any trauma on your face?
- Is there a palpable lymph node present?
Causes of Facial Swelling on One Side
The best thing for you will be to consult your doctor and get examined.
- Tooth decay, and dental abscess.
- Parotid gland swelling
- Fracture of the jaw
- Insect bite
- Cavernous sinus thrombosis
- Carotico cavernous fistula
- Angioneurotic edema