I would like to know if fatty liver can cause any type of pain or does it hurt? Also I would like to know recovery of fatty liver?
Fatty liver is a condition due to the accumulation of fat in the liver cells. It is a reversible condition if detected in early stage, Fatty liver does not produce any pain on its own, and it is usually detected on ultrasound of the abdomen done for any other reason. Liver enzymes may be raised in persons having fatty liver.
It is observed that up to 10 % of patients suffering from alcoholic fatty liver may suffer from liver cell carcinoma.
Fatty liver is usually a harmless condition in non alcoholic fatty liver.
Fatty Liver Causes
- HIV, hepatitis C
- Drugs: amiodarone, diltiazyme, mushroom poisoning, tamoxifen etc.
- Gastric bypass surgery
Treatment for Fatty Liver
- Reduce weight
- Stop alcohol
- Control blood sugar level and cholesterol
- Consume fish oil.
- Increase intake of vitamin B-complex in your diet
- Eggs, sea food, liver contain choline a type of vitamin B. It is known to prevent the deposition of fats in the liver
- Herbs such as milk thistle, dandelion, have the property to dissolve the fat, and this should be used in cases of fatty liver disease.