Question: Dark Patches on Face Causes and Home Remedies
Dark patches on the face occur due to hyper pigmentation of specific spots on the skin surface. Malfunctioning of the liver or the endocrinal system has been considered to be the primary cause of dark patches on face.
What Causes Dark Patches On The Face?
- Addison’s disease (i.e. over stimulation of the adrenal glands) has been associated with severe dark spots on skin.
- Hormonal changes during menopause and during pregnancy also contribute to dark spots.
- Intestinal disorder which results in vitamin deficiency can also result in pigmentation and dark spots.
The cause of the patch will determine the treatment protocol for the condition.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Spots On The Face?
- Aloe gel is loaded with several minerals and vitamins and is considered to be beneficial for most skin complaints including dark spots. Local application is preferred.
- Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin C supplements are essential for improving the color and texture of the skin.
- A balanced diet comprising of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, milk and milk products, etc should form an integral part of the diet. This is essential maintain good health.
- Reduce intake of sugars, chocolates and other forms of refined food in order to improve gastrointestinal health and tackle skin pigmentation.