Coxsackie Virus in Adults Treatment
Coxsackie virus symptoms are found among adults who are infected with a virus from the enteroviruses family that thrives inside the human digestive tract. The infection is highly contagious and usually lasts from 7 to 10 days. It is generally characterized by the following coxsackie virus symptoms in adults:
- High fever
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Abdominal pain and discomfort
- Painful blisters in the tongue, throat, gums and inside of cheeks
Red blisters found at the palm and soles of the feet
Causes of Coxsackie Virus Symptoms
- Dirty environment
- Poor comfort room facilities
- Poor toilet habits such as not washing the hands with soap and water after defecating
- Touching areas and surfaces touched by a person who just came from the toilet with unwashed hands
- Inhaling droplets of cough or sneeze from an infected person
Home Remedies for Coxsackie Virus
Coxsackie virus in adults treatment can be done at home with the following methods:
- Take a lot of rest.
- Drink a lot of fluids such as the recommended 8 to 10 glasses of water every day. Drinking fruit and vegetable juices are also a good option.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after using the toilet especially if you would use public comfort rooms. Use a sanitizers or rubbing alcohol if soap and water is not available.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables to strengthen your immune system.
- If you are found to be infected with coxsackie virus, take a leave from the office or from school to allow yourself to fully recover and to prevent yourself from transmitting the virus to others.