Question: My kidney is cold. What are the causes and home remedies for kidney cold?
Answer: I presume what you are referring to kidney cold is nothing but pain in the loins or colicky renal pain.
Loin is an area around the renal angle, which is the angle formed by the lower border of the last rib and the outer border of the back muscle. Kidneys are situated in this area.
Is it for the first time you have such type of pain? Was the pain one sided or in both sides of back?
Do you have other symptoms of urinary tract disease like burning urination, change of urine color, fever and chill with associated fever or pain while passing urine?
You will have to do further tests for evaluating the kidney disease, like routine urine examination, ultrasound of kidney, ureter and bladder or X- ray of KUB.
Causes And Symptoms Of Kidney Cold Or Renal Pain
- Kidney stone.
- Kidney infection, such as pyelonephritis.
- Polycystic kidney.
The other causes may be extrarenal such as gall stone colic, duodenal ulcer, or pancreatitis or simple muscle sprain.
Symptoms of Kidney Cold Or Pain In Renal Angle
- Sudden pain in the kidney region, which is excruciating in nature.
- Difficulty in passing urine.
- Burning urination.
- Red color urine due to the movement of the stone causing bleeding.
- Pain radiating towards genitals from back to front.
- Increase frequency of urine.
Home Remedies For Cold In Kidneys
- Kidney beans also know as French beans are very effective for kidney infections and kidney stones.
- One teaspoon of basil juice and one teaspoon of honey are very effective in treating kidney stones.
- Drink plenty of water if there is kidney stone or bacterial kidney infection.
- Water melons act as a diuretic in expelling the kidney stone.
- Barley water is also helpful in kidney infections.
To confirm about your problem related to kidney you will have to consult a physician.