Question: Chafing Inner Thighs Treatment and Symptoms
Answer: Chafing means irritation and soreness of the skin, caused by friction between two body parts or friction caused by an object on the skin.
Chafing in inner thighs is very common; the other regions are armpit, nipples, groin, neck etc.
Chafing of inner thigh can occur to anyone, but obese persons and athletes and gymnastics are more prone to chafing of inner thigh.
Symptoms Of Chafing Inner Thigh
- Burning in the inner side of the thigh.
- Red discoloration of the skin.
- Pain in the region.
- Tender to touch.
Moisture and sweat will escalate the condition.
Chafing Inner Thigh Treatment
- Reduce your weight.
- Avoid friction between your thighs. Use spandex shorts under the normal running shorts.
- Avoid sweating.
- Wear proper fitting cotton clothes.
- Wear dry clothes.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use talcum powder to keep your skin dry and free from perspiration.
- Apply lubricant jelly before walking, jogging and exercising.
- Incorporate diet containing vitamin C, vitamin A and zinc. Eat fruits liberally.