Chronic Constipation Home Remedies
Chronic constipation is a long standing problem wherein a person suffers from difficulty of passing stool or having dry and hard feces. The usual causes of chronic constipation are the following:
- Poor health habits
- Lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle
- Serious health diseases involving the digestive tract
- Excessive intake of coffee, tea and caffeinated beverages
- Lack of water intake
- Weak abdominal muscles
- Poor defecating habits
- Poor nutrition
- Poor dietary habits such as consuming large amounts of meat
- Bad eating habits is another causes of chronic constipation
Some of the most effective chronic constipation remedies include:
- Start your day by drinking 2 glasses of water followed by another glass each hour to complete the recommended 10 glasses of water every day.
- Prefer foods that are rich in fiber such as fresh fruits and vegetables. Generally, all fruits are ideal for chronic constipation remedies except for banana and jack fruit. One of the fruits that contain the highest laxative content is bael fruit that is why it is recommended for patients who has a chronic problem on constipation.
- Exercise regularly to free yourself from toxins that causes hard bowels.
- Prepare a glass of hot water and mixed it with lime juice and half a teaspoon of salt. Keep it overnight and drink it first thing in the morning.
- Avoid strong coffee and tea especially if you are already suffering from chronic constipation.
- Do not suppress any call of nature whether in urinating or defecating. Suppressing your bowel movement could make the toxins and wastes found in the bowel to mix in your bloodstream causing various diseases.
- Chew your food well. Chew your food at least 50 times in your mouth before swallowing the food.