Question: My friend is a 64 male and has belly bloating and leg bloating. I want to know what would cause that. Can you suggest some treatment for bloated feet and stomach?
Answer: The reference of bloating of legs and belly to my understanding is swelling of legs and belly. I want to know more details of your friend’s conditions such as
- Whether he is suffering from diseases like hypertension or diabetes?
- Since when is this swelling? Is it acute or since many days? Is he been checked by a doctor? What are the investigations he has done? Does he drink alcohol?
- Bloating or swelling of leg and belly in medical terms is also called edema.
- Edema is the result of accumulation of fluid in body tissues. Edema most commonly occurs in feet and leg and is called as peripheral edema.
- Bloating of the belly is the result of accumulation of fluid in the abdomen which is also called as ascitis.
Causes Of Bloating Or Swelling
- Cirrhosis of liver
- Malnutrition and hypoprotienemia
- Kidney diseases
- Enlarged heart
- Allergies e.g. drug allergy
Edema is the result of retention of salt in the body; this retention of salt holds excess of water in the tissue spaces which is called as edema.
Your friend may require investigations like blood for kidney profile, liver profile, and heart profile. Ultrasound of abdomen
Treatment and Home Remedy for Bloated Legs and Stomach
- Restriction of salt in daily food
- If he is drinking alcohol he has to stop it completely
- Papaya seeds have been found useful in treating cirrhosis of liver caused by alcoholism and malnutrition. Tablespoon of juice obtained by grinding the seeds and adding it to lime juice should be given once daily for a month.
It is advised to consult a doctor to rule out any major cause before the disease is irreversible.