Question: What are the causes and treatment for black underarms?
Answer: Black underarms are embarrassing to a woman particularly when she wears sleeveless garments. Black underarms are more visible in females having fair complexion.
Causes of Black Underarm
- Excessive sweating in the underarms.
- Applying of certain deodorants which may not be suitable to underarm skin.
- Friction of the underarm skin with tight fitting blouse and garments.
- Shaving of underarm hair frequently.
- Improper cleaning of underarms.
Black Underarms Home Remedy
- Lemon is a natural whitening agent, rub a slice of lemon daily in your underarms.
- Apply alum instead of deodorant to get away with bad smell.
- Yogurt, turmeric and lime juice are mixed together and applied half an hour before taking bath. The mixture can help to get rid of black underarms to a great extent if applied daily.
- Cucumber juice can also be applied to remove black underarms.
- Apply plain milk on the black underarms regularly to diminish the color.
Prevention of Black Underarms
- Use loose fitting clothes.
- Check perspiration in underarms by applying talc.
- Do not use deodorant containing alcohol and chemicals.
- Do not shave instead use waxing to remove the unwanted hairs.