Breakfast is an important meal of the day. The word breakfast has a meaning in itself. It is to break a fast after a long gap of last night dinner. You will feel lethargic if you force your body to keep going all morning without any fuel. Breakfast provides energy to work all the day.
Eating breakfast is beneficial for all; especially children perform better in their school when they eat breakfast. It helps the mind to think and concentrate. Spending few minutes for your breakfast in morning will give you the many health benefits for full day.
Health Benefits Of Eating Breakfast
- Eating breakfast lowers the calorie level. Those who skip breakfast are likely to starve by lunchtime and tend to overeat.
- Breakfast serves as the fuel for the body. It gets the metabolism running.
- Eating breakfast increases energy level needed to start the day’s work or activities.
- A person who eats breakfast can concentrate better than those who skip it.
- Eating healthy breakfast significantly reduces deposition of fat on your belly. This is because you may not have the craving to eat other junk foods that are indeed weight gaining foods.
- Studies have found that people who eat their breakfast have lesser chance of suffering from diabetes.
- Eating breakfast in the morning maintains blood sugar level, so that cravings and hunger decreases throughout the day.
- By skipping breakfast you can hardly meet the necessary nutrients your body needs for the whole day’s work.
- Without breakfast, your body cannot produce glucose necessary for you to do physical work in the remaining late hours before lunch time.
Nutritious And Healthy Breakfast
When you are in a hurry and decided not to take any food in the morning, you probably skip the nutritional benefits of eating breakfast. A healthy breakfast should contain at least:
- Carbohydrates: After fasting for about 8 to 10 hours that is between the dinner and breakfast time, your body needs to be refueled with energy giving foods such as whole grain cereals and whole meal bread.
- Protein: One of the health benefits of eating breakfast in the morning is for your body to take protein, which is proven to enhance concentration and memory. Eggs are the best source of protein and the most versatile, you can have it scrambled, boiled, poached, or made into an omelet.
- Fat and calcium: Milk, considered as food, is a good source of calcium. Children should drink plenty of milk to make their teeth and bones strong and healthy.