Question: What are the health benefits of asparagus juice?
Answer: Asparagus vegetable is found in most countries and with predominance in mediterranean region where it grows in wild. It is of the same family of onion and garlic. Asparagus is also referred as sparrowgrass. The color of asparagus is green or purple green. The best time to harvest asparagus is during spring when the length of asparagus is 5 to 7 inches.
Asparagus Juice Advantages
Asparagus juice is a clear unfermented liquid extracted after washing the sprouts and stem of asparagus. The juice has is prepared from fresh asparagus.
When blended with honey asparagus juice is more palatable.
Asparagus juice can also be mixed with other juice such as spinach juice, tomato juice and vegetable juice.
Asparagus juice is prepared by mild steaming the stems of asparagus before grinding and extracting the liquid.
Health Benefits of Asparagus Juice
Asparagus contains proteins, vitamin A, C, K, E, iron, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B- complex, copper, manganese and selenium.
A glassful of asparagus juice contain rich protein content and less calorie.
- The protein called asparagine is abundantly found in asparagus, which causes smelly urine but it helps to remove the wastes in the blood and tissues cells.
- Asparagus juice is high in its alkaline content thereby it helps to reduce the acidity in the blood. This way it helps to clear excess of uric acid circulating in the blood and thus a remedy for gout and uric acid diathesis.
- Due to its high fiber content, it is helpful in constipation.
- Antioxidants found is asparagus help the cancer patient to fight the disease in better way.
- Antioxidants also keep the eye problems at bay, cataract is one such problem where asparagus has proved its reliability.
- Asparagus juice reduces edema due to its diuretic property.
- Magnesium and calcium in asparagus juice help in night cramps of calf muscles.
- The folic content in asparagus juice helps to reduce the chances of birth defects and neurological defects such as spinabifida in the fetus.
- Urinary tract infection and kidney stone are prevented by taking asparagus juice.