Basically, the causes of acne scab are pimples picked while they were not yet healed or while they were at the height of infection. Acne scabs are generally the traces left behind by acne infection.
How to Heal Acne Scabs Fast
To treat your acne scars, you can do the following acne scab treatment and home remedies:
- Clean your acne scabs as frequent as possible with a gentle soap and clean water. You can also dab some alcohol on the scab.
- Wash your face with lemon juice. Citrus fruits are known to have properties that are good for bleaching the skin and in softening scabs. With regular use, lemon juice will eventually lighten the scabs. Gently rub the scabs with your fingers while washing your face.
- You can also use salicylic acid in washing your face. It can also effectively soften your acne scabs and allow them to fall off easily with regular use.
- Cleanse your acne scabs with tea tree oil to free the scabs from bacteria and other impurities, afterwards, apply some moisturizing cream to soften the scabs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Apply the mixture on your skin and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Get some baking soda and mix it with water to make a paste. Apply the paste on the affected area and rub gently with fingers. This is another way on how to heal acne scabs fast.
- When the acne scabs have fallen off, you can get rid of the dark blemishes by washing your face with salicylic acid, dry your face with a clean towel and dab some lemon juice on the blemish. To get best results, mix the lemon juice with onion juice. Do this at least once a day and see the difference after a few weeks.