Question: I am suffering from gout (high uric acid level) since 5 years in both toes. The pain gets reduced after taking pain killers. Does home remedies provide any permanent treatment for raised uric acid level? Does use of zyloric daily control uric acid?
Answer: You are suffering from the disease called gout. There is a rise of uric acid in the blood, in patients suffering with gout. What is your recent uric acid level?
Causes Of High Uric Acid Level
Uric acid is formed when the purines get metabolized. Purines are present in the daily food that we eat.
Uric acid is the end product of body’s chemical process. Those suffering from gout have higher amount of uric acid in the blood due to either formation of increased amount or reduced amount of the acid being passed through the kidney.
Excess of uric acid gets deposited in the joints of the body, usually the smaller joints, causing pain and inflammation of the joints.
The other causes are drinking alcohol, hereditary, lack of proper exercise and stress.
Natural Remedies And Diet For High Uric Acid
Some of the home remedies which give good results in gout are:
- Cherry is an effective natural remedy for gout. They contain flavanoids and they have the ability to prevent collagen destruction. Collagen integrity is known to play an important role in the prevention of joint diseases.
- Person who is affected by gout should eat 100gms of cherries every day till symptoms subside and thereafter he should eat 50 gms of cherry every day to keep repeat of attack. Cherries taken fresh have good effect. However, one can also take canned ones.
- Flavanoids also have anti inflammatory properties and this helps in relieving pain and swelling of the joints.
- French beans and string beans juice is beneficial in treating gout.
- Vegetables and vegetable juices are equally effective; raw vegetables are more useful. Juice can be made from carrot, cucumber and beet. Take three parts of carrot juice, one part of cucumber and one part of beet juice. Mix it and take it early in the morning on empty stomach. Quantity should be around half a liter at least.
- Apples are regarded as an excellent remedy in treating gout. It contains malic acid which neutralizes uric acid and gives relief in pain and inflammation.
- Lime too contains citric acid which helps in dissolving the uric acid and thus reduces the inflammation of the joint.
- Bananas are helpful only in first 3 to 4 days of treatment. Eat at least 6 to 8 bananas every day during these days.
In a nut shell, to prevent excess of uric acid in patients suffering from gout they should avoid purine diet like red meat, eggs, fish, tea coffee and white flour. Alcohol is the triggering factor in producing gout attack and it should be avoided.
Taking zyloric tablets, if advised by your doctor, will not interfere in the action of natural remedies.