What are the home remedies for increased uric acid?
High Uric Acid Level Reduction
Uric acid is formed in the blood as a result of purine metabolism. In normal circumstances uric acid is flushed through kidneys.
Hyperuricaemia or increase uric acid in the blood gets deposited in the joints resulting in painful condition called gout. It can also deposit in kidneys to form stones.
When a patient suffers from gout or hyperuricaemia certain home remedies will help in reducing the condition:
- Person should stop drinking alcohol, as alcohol precipitates the attack of gout in people suffering from high uric acid
- Modify your lifestyle and eating habits, food rich in purines like red meat, mushrooms, organ meats and sea food include the foods to avoid with gout
- Drink plenty of water as it will help to flush out excess of uric acid through kidney
- Lime juice contains vitamin C. and this vitamin is known to prevent and cure the painful joints by strengthening the connective tissue of the body. Lime juice dissolves the uric acid and thus helps to prevent its deposition in connective tissue of the joints
- Cherries can also reduce uric acid from the blood. Flavanoids present in cherries prevent uric acid formation.
- Bananas and apple are also known to lower the uric acid level
- French bean and vegetable juice are another home remedies in treating hyperuricaemia.
- Beans and legumes are known to increase uric acid and therefore minimize its intake in your diet.
- Foods containing fatty acid such as salmon, olive oil, flax seeds are beneficial in reducing high uric acid level in the body
In a nut shell:
- Uric acid diet should be low in purines and proteins and rich in potassium and carbohydrates.
- Person should reduce his weight if he obese.
- Diet, regular exercise and proper medication and altering life style will lower uric acid level successfully in persons suffering from hyperuricaemia.