When the skin is exposed in the sunlight and the UV rays, the skin begins to produce large number of melanin (a brown-colored pigment produced by melanocytes for protection). This natural process is also stimulated by artificial UV radiation.
How to Untan Yourself Naturally
Questions like how to untan skin is fairly common after the summer season. These procedures will help you get back your fair complexion:
- Daily application of sunscreen lotion with an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) between 15 -20.
- Use clothes that will cover arms, legs, and other areas that might get exposed to the sun.
- Apply juice of a raw tomato to the area.
- Mix lemon juice, sugar, and glycerine that help to lighten and scrub dead skin cells away.
- Apply 3 teaspoons of turmeric mixed with 3 teaspoons of milk on the affected area.
- Mix cider vinegar with water in a 1:1 ration and gently apply to affected area with the use of cotton. Let it stay for 15 minutes then wash with water afterwards.
- Boil cabbage leaves. Drain and mash into a pulp. Apply to the affected area, leave it for 20 minutes then wash with cold water. Do this twice a day for one week.
- Get a healthy balanced diet. The skin gets its nutrition and energy for regenerating new and healthy cells from what you eat. It is a safe way on how to untan yourself naturally.
Treatment To Remove Sun Tan
- Melanin blocking agents – these includes hydroquinone and kojic acid. The latter is preferred because of its safer effect.
- Exfoliants – scrubs away dead skin cells so that new cells will surface
- Bleaching products
- Topical Vitamin A – Vitamin A is a good antioxidant
Surgical Treatment to Remove Sun Tans
- Laser resurfacing evaporates the first few layers of the skin so that new and healthy skin cells will be seen. Kojic acid or hydroquinone is usually recommended before this procedure to avoid excessive post-operative effects.
- Microdermabrasion uses aluminium oxide crystals, vitamin C crystals, and other mild abrasion agents that remove dead skin cells. It also enhances new skin cell production.
These steps are sure answers on how to untan skin.