Our circulatory system comprises of many vital organs as well as minute parts that aid in the smooth distribution of blood throughout the body. Two of the main keys in distributing blood from the heart towards the different parts of our body are arteries and veins. Arteries distribute the blood coming from the heart to the vital parts of the body such as the different organs, our head, arms, and legs.
On the other hand, the main function of veins in the circulation of blood is that these blood vessels are responsible for completing the circulation of blood back into the heart.Now, when veins are subject to pressure, they usually change and form an abnormal discomfort such as varicose veins. When this happens, the person may feel painful veins in hands.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins
There are a number of causes for these painful veins in hands, but the symptoms are more important for you to find out quickly if you have varicose veins and eventually be able to do what you can to treat it. Varicose veins are dilated and twisted veins that usually occur in any part of our body but most commonly in the legs.When the veins start to leak, there is increased pressure that prevents the blood from properly draining. Once this happens, veins will start to appear near the skin’s surface and give an unsightly appearance.
Treating Painful Veins in Hands
Home remedies and treatment for painful veins in arms and hands can be easily done in a few steps such as the following:
- Do as much rest as you can with your legs elevated as this can help the veins from leaking.
- For mild cases of varicose veins, elastic compression stockings can ease the symptom but not permanently removing the varicose.
- If obesity is the main cause, weight loss is advised.
- Physicians also prescribe the sclerosing solution injected into the vein is effective to close it.
- If the varicose veins get worse, the person may undergo ligation and stripping to remove the vein when necessary.