Question: My skin is oily and also I have pimples on my face. I also tried with fuller’s earth face pack, but the result is not so good. Can you suggest me any home remedies or any cream that can help me?
Answer: Oily skin may be due to heredity. Oily skin feels greasy, has thick texture, and enlarged pores. Due to enlarged pores it has the tendency to develop pimples.
Natural Home Remedies For Oily Face And Skin
Some of the home remedies for oily skin are:
- Give a gentle wash to the face; this will remove dirt and oil without removing the moisture.
- To get rid of oily skin, the simple way is to apply puree of tomato on the face and the skin
- Mix half teaspoon of honey and half teaspoon of lemon juice and half teaspoon of egg white to fuller’s earth. Make it into paste and apply on the oily skin. Keep it for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it with cold water.
- Apply raw papaya pulp on the skin and the face. Raw papaya acts in softening the dead skin cells and aid in their removal.
- Before applying make up on the oily face, apply cucumber juice on the face, dry it properly and then apply make up.
- Splash cold water on the face for at lest three times in a day, it tightens the skin pores and refreshes the skin.
- Drink 8 to 9 glasses of water in a day as water flushes out the toxins of the body.
- Jojoba skin oil work well in oily skin, it protects the oily skin and simultaneously helps to balance the sebum.
Skin Care Pack For Oily Skin
Mix together the following ingredients and use it daily.
2 spoons Orange juice, 2 spoons lime juice, 2 spoons oat bran, 1 spoon milk, and 1 spoon honey. Use this blend, once every morning.
Most importantly, never use harsh and strong face cleansers or face washes. They temporarily reduce oiliness of the face, but, in the long run strip the natural oils off. Use gentle skin care products, which have a water base. Washing the face frequently through the day is advocated, but with plain cold water.
Diet For Reducing Skin Oiliness
- Ensure that you drink a minimum of 3 liters of water everyday. Water keeps the skin well hydrated, lowers greasiness and helps flush out toxins. All this will contribute towards a beautiful blemish free skin.
- Increase your daily intake of these foods – ginger, oats, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, green peas, garlic and carrots. They contain loads of zinc, and zinc, is a potent mineral that treats pimples and boils effectively, preventing recurrences and ugly scar formations.
- Consuming 2 fruits per day is recommended. Fruits are chockfull of vital minerals and vitamins, and provide you with a healthy skin.