Question: While I have Carmel complexion but my cheeks to the bottom of my neck are five shades darker.
Answer: Skin color is associated with melanin pigments of the body. Body produces this pigment to give color to the skin. It is possible if the skin is exposed to the ultra violet rays of the sun it changes to dark color as there is excess amount of melanin pigments produced to protect the skin from harmful effects of the sun rays. Sometimes dark colored skin is due to heredity.
Lichen planus is the condition where skin becomes dark, patchy, and thick.Some time darkening of the skin may be due to underlying medical condition which may require immediate medical treatment.
As in your case there may be hyper pigmentation of the neck area where a dermatologist opinion may be necessary.
Natural Remedies To Tighten Skin Complexion
Some of the home remedies you can try to reduce the dark skin complexion are:
- Make a paste of tomato juice, yogurt and oatmeal and apply on the neck area. Keep the mixture for ten to fifteen minutes before washing it with cold water. This will lighten the skin complexion.
- Keep a potato slice over the neck or rub it over the neck skin, the starch in the potato will make the skin glow and make the skin look lighter.
- Lime juice and turmeric powder mixed together and applied on the dark skin makes the skin light as lime acts as a natural bleaching agent. Apply this paste twice in a week for two to three months to see the difference.
- Soak almonds in water at night and peel of the skin. Make the pulp of the soaked almonds and mix it with milk in the morning. Apply the prepared paste over the neck area and keep it for half an hour. Wash it with water. Do this therapy regularly for a month to visualize the difference.
- Take precautions to use sunscreen having SPF above 30 on face, neck and exposed areas of the skin to the sun. Alternatively use an umbrella while venturing out in sun.
- Hydrate your skin by drinking plenty of water.
These are few of the natural ways to lighten the dark skin around your neck.