Question: I am 5’9″, 49 years of age, suffer from loose motion, on & on, please advice.
Answer: More information about your condition is required. Since how long do you have this problem? Are loose motions accompanied with other symptoms like abdominal pain, rectal itching or excessive bloating? Do you have any other underlying problem like diabetes, hypertension? Do you get loose motions immediately after meals?
It appears that recurrent loose motions can be attributed to either an irritable bowel disorder (if it is persistent for a long period of time) or to a secondary infection in the stomach (if it is associated with cramps and abdominal pain).
Diet And Home Remedies For Loose Motion After Eating
- Increase the intake of fruits, cereals, pulses and oat. These food products are high in dietary fiber which will aid in reducing the frequency of loose motions by formation of bulk.
- Ensure that you remain hydrated. Drink more than three liters of water to ensure that you compensate for fluid loss that may occur as a result of the diarrhea.
- Avoid sugary foods, saturated carbohydrates, oils, butter and cheese. These food products can aggravate your condition.
- Carrots are highly beneficial in the management of loose motions.
- Get a simple stool routine done to evaluate the local pathology that is causing the diarrhea. If the problem is persistent, please visit your physician at the earliest.