What is Gynecomastia?
It is the abnormal development of mammary gland in males, and is manifested by enlargement of the breast. The disease is not harmful but may indicate a warning sign of an underlying serious disease. The symptom often emerges during puberty. Because of the rapid growth of the breast, the patient feels pain and tenderness around breast area.
The most common causes of gynecomastia is puberty and hormonal imbalance particularly the estrogen and the testosterone. Another cause of gynecomastia is by indulging in illegal drugs like marijuana. There are also rare cases wherein the culprit is some chronic disease like chronic liver disease or tumor.
How to Cure Gynecomastia without Surgery
In most cases, there is no need for treatment at all. It is reported that 90 percent of teenage boys with gynecomastia have gotten rid of it in less than three years. However, there are cases that require treatment such as the following.
- Stop taking medicines or drugs that caused gynecomastia
- Take supplement medicines like gynecin, which reportedly cures gynecomastia
- If gynecomastia is cause by a disease, the disease itself should be cured.
- In rare cases, surgery is needed.
Natural Treatment of Gynecomastia without Surgery
In order to know how to cure gynecomastia, you need to know that it involve ways on how to cure gynecomastia without surgery.These remedies include the following.
- Cold compresses may be applied to male breasts that are tender.
- Exercise can help reduce the fat in your chest and replaced with firm muscles. Weightlifting is the best exercise. You can try the incline bench press. Position yourself by leaning back in a 45-degree incline, count one up to ten slowly as you lift the barbell up. In between your rest period, repeat this exercise for three or more times.
- Watch the food you eat. Eating green vegetables, fruits, and meat like chicken or turkey can wipe out your “man breasts”.
- If gynecomastia is caused by hormonal imbalance and if estrogen is dominant, the use of progesterone cream can reduce the size of the man breasts. It can be absorbed easily into your body. Gently scrub half a teaspoon of the cream into your inner thighs, inner arms, abdomen, and chest. This should be done alternately onto the parts of your body to avoid contact sensitivity.
- If gynecomastia is caused by liver-related disease, drink milk thistle tea. The essential component of milk thistle is silymarin, which is the best cure for chronic liver and alcoholic liver disease.