1, Is Lemon fruit harmful to Gastritis and Colitis.
2, Is Colitis completely cured?
Gastritis is a condition which causes inflammation of the gastric lining of the stomach. Colitis on the other hand in inflammation of the linings of the bowel and the colon.
Constipation is a condition which tends to aggravate inflammation of the bowels and can subsequently result in the formation of ulcers. Use of lemon juice with honey in luke warm water on empty stomach is considered to be beneficial in the treatment of gastric inflammation.
Inflammation is a condition which is treatable provided proper measures are taken.Here are a few suggestions:
- Reduce the intake of junk food, aerated drinks, coffee, tea, etc. Avoid foods that are high in saturated carbohydrates and fats. Avoid consuming refined food.
- Increase the intake of whole grain, fresh fruits and fresh vegetables. These are some of the foods that are high in fiber content, which improve the colon health whilst aiding in elimination of waste from the intestine.
- Yoghurt is very beneficial and promotes the growth of ‘good bacteria’ in the intestine. This enhances the overall health of the individual and aids in digestion and assimilation of essential nutrients and vitamins.
- Increase the intake of water. Coconut water is also considered highly beneficial in the management of the condition.
- Consume small quantities of food at frequent intervals. Avoid spicy, oily and sour foods.