Question: I get loose motions very quickly, as soon as I eat anything, there is a urge to go to bathroom. The stool is watery, after every hour I go to the bathroom.
Answer: Loose motions or diarrhea occurs due to a number of reasons:
What Causes Loose Motions And Watery stools?
- Dietary errors are the main cause – Over eating, eating too much at one time, eating too much of refined food, or eating contaminated food.
- Drinking contaminated / unfiltered water is another possible cause.
- Taking laxatives for a prolonged period of time.
- Food allergies to specific foods.
- Emotional reasons – Stress, anxiety, apprehension.
Natural Treatment For Loose Motions And Diarrhea
- Buttermilk : Very effective home remedy. Being a pro-biotic, it eliminates harmful bacteria and promotes the growth of friendly gut bacteria. Additionally it makes up for the nutrient and water loss.
- Carrot soup : Carrots ease bowel movement. They reduce inflammation of the intestinal lining and normalize peristalsis. It also provides important nutrients that might have been lost and prevents dehydration.
- Mint : Mint is an amazing home remedy to treat diarrhea. Consume mint juice with honey, 3 times a day, for quick results.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water. Frequent passage of watery stools, makes you dehydrated. Drink juices, soups, coconut water, glucose water, frequently through the day to combat dehydration.
- Also, make sure, that you eat small frequent meals. Do not over eat.
- A short fast of fruits and vegetables is recommended to give the stomach a break.
- A soft diet comprising of gruels and porridges and lightly seasoned foods will assist relief from diarrhea.
- Dry ginger powder with rock salt and a piece of jaggery aids digestion and affords quick relief.
- Homoeopathy medicine croton – tig, puts a stop to the diarrhoea. Take 5 pills every half an hour. It reduces the frequency of stool and helps in formation of stool of normal consistency.