Every now and then, you will find that you ate something that does not agree with you and you find that you are suffering from an upset stomach. You will often find that with an upset stomach come other problems like diarrhea or constipation, gas, stomach cramps, and abdominal pain. You will also find that eating indiscriminately when this happens can only worsen the situation, which is why knowing what to eat
when upset stomach problems occur is important.
What to Eat and What Not to Eat
When it comes to the question of what to eat when upset stomach situations arise, people will often have their own list of foods for you to eat.The simple rule to follow when you are trying to calm an upset stomach and to avoid aggravating the problem is to eat bland and simple foods. Nothing spicy, nothing fancy, and nothing complicated. Just simple food is needed.
Here are some more tips that will help you relieve an upset stomach and help you avoid hunger while you are at it:
- Try to drink a mixture of a half glass of water with a half teaspoon of baking soda in it to calm the rumbling of your stomach down.
- Bananas are good for soothing your stomach with so you should eat a banana. Bananas help counteract the acid that is usually associated with an upset stomach and helps with diarrhea problems as well.
- Crackers are also good for you to eat when you are suffering from an upset stomach. Choose crackers that are low in sodium.
- Do not ingest foods like chocolates, greasy food, spicy food, and caffeinated drinks as these will only aggravate the situation.
- Tomatoes and tomato juice may be good for a hangover but not for an upset stomach. The acidity of tomatoes will only worsen the problem.
- Nuts are also to be avoided since these are hard foods to digest and may cause digestive tract disturbances.