What are the causes of too much urine? Can you suggest a home remedy to control the urine? Too much makes my grandpa tired going to washroom. My grandpa is 70+ and he has this problem.
Frequent urination means the person has more often urge to pass urine, than what he was passing before.
Frequent Urination Causes
The causes for frequency of urination are:
- Urinary tract infection
- Prostate enlargement in elderly
- Pregnancy in woman
- Certain medicines used in hypertension and diuretics
- Interstitial cystitis
- Some neurological disease
- Over active bladder
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
Common causes for frequency in night:
- Drinking plenty of fluids before retiring to the bed. Drinking alcohol, or tea or coffee at bed time.
Some home remedies are:
- Saw palmetto is the herb widely used for benign prostate enlargement.
- Goldenseal is a natural antibiotic used in prostatitis.
- Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant abundantly present in tomatoes, it has the quality to reduce frequency of urination, and it also prevents prostate cancer.
- A mixture of carrot juice, drum stick and cucumber juice taken together is beneficial in treating frequency of urination.
- Grapes are used to decrease the frequency
- Ripe bananas can for a week are helpful for the people who have burning urination. Accompany it with gooseberry juice.
- Spinach has the ability to reduce the frequency of urination at night if it is taken in late evening.
Diagnosis of the disease is most important it is therefore advisable to consult an urologist for further investigation.