Smelly Hair Syndrome Remedies
Smelly hair syndrome characterizes a foul odor emitted by the hair or scalp. Women, men, children, and adults are affected even with any type of hair length. No one is exempted from this embarrassing condition. Washing the hair may only do little to decrease the odor but will go stronger as the day goes by.
Causes of Smelly Hair
Apparently the society thinks that poor hygiene is the primary cause of stinky hair. However, people who have this condition will wash their hair at least once a day. So what causes it?
- Bacterial and fungal infection. As with any parts of the external bode, the hair has abundance of microorganisms. The odor is a product of the activities of these microorganisms.
- Environmental factors. Surroundings that are smoky or with many chemicals such as those factory workers are at greater risk.
- Poor hygiene. People who do not wash their hair will accumulate bacterial and fungal build-up.
Treatment Get Rid of Smelly Hair Syndrome
Here are smelly hair treatment and remedies that you can try:
- Tomato juice. One of the most effective home remedy. Apply tomato juice to your scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes. Use warm water to wash it off.
- Apple cider vinegar is also a proven one. Mix the vinegar with enough water and leave it to dry in the scalp. Wash it off afterwards.
- Lemon juice. Cut the fruit in two and massage each to the scalp. You can also squeeze it and apply the juice to the scalp. For rinsing, dilute lemon juice with the right amount of water.
- Get a solution of baking soda and warm water. Do a massage with it to the scalp and leave for five minute. Get a good brand and shampoo your hair. Rinse with water.
- Rinse your hair well after using a shampoo or conditioner.
- Do not tie hair when wet.
- Avoid sharing of combs and towels.