Home Treatments for Oily and Itchy Scalp
There are numerous reasons why an individual would likely experience an itchy and oily scalp. Sometimes it runs just within the genetic code. Some people have it due to the fluctuation of hormones and many other reasons. Here is a list of causes of oily and itchy scalp:
- Stress: Too much stress can usually result to hormonal imbalance that can lead to oil and itchy scalp and even dandruff.
- Allergies: There are also individuals who suffer from an allergic reaction due to the food they eat and they usually end up having itchy scalp and dandruff.
- Poor hygiene: For those who do not take good care or observe proper hygiene, they usually end up having accumulation of oily sebum in their hair. Once this happens, it usually would facilitate the growth of bacteria and thus resulting to itchy feeling.
- Underlying skin condition: There are also individuals who are currently experiencing skin conditions that would usually result to an increase in the oil sebum in the scalp. The scalp would usually end up feeling itchy if the person does not observe proper hygiene.
How to Treat Oily and Itchy Scalp
There are many measures and ways a person can do to deal and treat this type of condition.It is not that life threatening but it can become a nuisance. It can be quite bothersome if you cannot concentrate on the things you do because you will end up always scratching your head.
An oily and itchy scalp can also lead to other complications such as an infection. If you keep on scratching your scalp, it can result to an open wound and thus infection.
Here are the following home remedies for oily and itchy scalp you can do or you can perform to help relieve and alleviate the discomforts:
- Prepare 20 lemons, and slice them in half. Gather them all and bring with you a comb. Start combing your hair. A big nit comb would be ideal to use when doing this itchy scalp remedy. Take big strands and work on each side one by one. Rub a lemon unto your scalp. After you have done on one side, do the other. Let it sit for a while, then rinse.
- Juice a coconut using its shavings and massage the juice all over your hair. Let it sit for a while then rinse thoroughly.
How to Prevent Oily and Itchy Scalp
- Avoid too much stress.
- Watch what you eat. Eat healthy and nutritious foods. Having a diet consisting of fruits and vegetables would be advisable.
- Drink plenty of fluids to wash away toxins from the body.