How to Make Your Beard Grow Faster and Thicker
While some men just have hair that grows faster, some men have to wait a little longer for theirs to grow. If you are one of the latter, here are some things that you would like to know on how to make your beard grow faster and thicker:
- Stop shaving. Contrary to the norm that shaving stimulates facial hair growth, it should be stopped to grow a beard faster. Facial hair grows at a set rate even if you shave regularly. So resist the urge to trim or shape the beard. Better yet, avoid looking in the mirror too often because your natural inclination will be to shave, trim, or completely get rid of your facial hair.
- Take biotin. Consider taking a daily dose 2.5 mg of biotin, a dietary supplement that encourages hair and nail growth.
- Stay healthy. Eat right. A balanced diet will encourage healthier hair growth. Drink plenty of water. Aside from keeping your hair healthy and moisturized, water also helps every system in your body work better, thus, promoting hair and skin growth.
- Use shampoo and conditioner. Technically, shampoo does nothing to make your beard grow faster, but it makes it clean and shiny looking. But you will be happy to know how to make your beard grow thicker with the regular use of conditioner as it prevents your hair from becoming too dry. Moreover, growing a beard sometimes gives you an itchy feel. Try using a little anti-dandruff shampoo two to three times each week.
- Use eucalyptus oil. Try applying eucalyptus oil at least once a day to encourage the growth of your beard. It stimulates the epidermal layer of the skin and speeds up the hair-growing process. Caution: Do a test application on a small unseen patch of facial skin first to avoid allergies.