It’s been a popular belief that your forehead is the mirror reflecting your intelligence and wisdom. The first impression is you are a man/ woman of intelligence and wisdom if your forehead is large. People with large forehead are believed to be more analytical as well as frank in their views.
At the same time it is also true that having big and wide forehead is embarrassing for many persons; they may feel low self esteemed. This type of aesthetic embarrassment and low self esteem is more common in women with large forehead than in men.
Large or small forehead is natural and it is there since birth. Sometimes having large forehead runs in families. You can have large forehead due to hair loss too. If you have a large forehead and if it bothers you, do not worry, you are not alone there are many who want it to look smaller.
There are several ways to camouflage it with different forms of hairstyles, keeping in mind the structure of your forehead. Making your forehead look smaller naturally can dramatically change your look and appearance.
Hairstyles For Women With Large Forehead
Nowadays, with people taking more interest in hairstyling and makeup, it has become easier for your forehead to look smaller without any invasive surgical procedures.The only necessity is to do your homework well. Several ways can lessen the length of your forehead such as applying dark make up, shaping your eyebrows and using bangs to make your forehead appear smaller. Here are few hairstyling methods for women and men to make their forehead look smaller.
It is easier for women than men to camouflage with different forms of hairstyling as their long hair allow doing so.
- Straight and sleek hairstyle: In this hairstyle you should have long hairs. Long and sleek haircuts can cover major portion of your forehead. Now bring the front portion of your straight hair and cut them just above where your eyebrows are. This hair style will cover the wide forehead and make it look smaller.
- Side swept hairstyle: this hairstyling does not need haircut. The benefit of this hair style is it can be effective in both, straight and curled hairs.
- Bouncy curls and bob cuts are also different forms of hairstyle that play an important role in making your forehead look smaller.
- Highlighting the hair can also prove valuable attention deflecting trick.
- Countering the eyebrows in triangular shape also tricks the large forehead to appear smaller.
- Using dark color for eye makeup can attract more attention to the eyes and thus avoid people’s attention on forehead.
How To Make Forehead Look Smaller For Men?
Hair style for men to make their forehead look smaller:
Men relatively find difficult to camouflage their big and wide forehead as their hair are short and their hairline is also high.
- Medium hairstyle: the best variation for men is medium hairstyle. Curly and retro cuts are the best forms of hair style for men to hide their big forehead.
- Caps and hats: wearing caps and hats on head is the best way to cover your forehead and make it appear smaller when other ways are not available.
Besides plastic surgery and use of bangs are two other options to make your forehead look smaller.