Many men and women decide that there hair loss is interfering with their personal happiness and opt to get a hair transplant. They opt to improve on their physical appearance and to resolve their emotional insecurities. This is certainly a personal decision and there is no right or wrong answer to this decision.
Hair Transplant Treatment And Surgery
- Regardless, if the choice is to proceed with hair transplant, you need to get all the facts on what is entailed. Not just the details about the surgery or how it is done, but also about what the side effects of hair transplant are?
- Taking it a step further, what about years from now? What can you expect in the future? Are there any long term side effects you need to know about?
- Any good doctor will answer your concerns in a timely fashion and with honesty.
Side Effects Of Hair Transplant
- For some unknown reason, hiccups occur after transplant in some patients. They are very frustrating but usually disappear in a few days.
- It is normal to have inflammation and swelling post procedure. The scalp, the forehead, and even the eyes will get swelling. This too will subside in a relatively short time.
- Scarring is expected with certain transplant procedures. If you are used to wearing your hair short, you will need to take that into consideration.
- If you have a genetic baldness, you can expect that hair will thin out as you age and follow up treatments may be necessary.
- A common side effect of some of the medications given with hair transplants is excessive thinning of the hair.
- Doctors claim that this side effect is related to dosages. Lower doses do not seem to have a problem. Higher doses is a different story.
- Be as knowledgeable as you can before your final decision is made.