For men hair may be pride of their masculine identity. However, for women growth of unwanted coarse hair on face or anywhere on their body is quite embarrassing and annoying. Having smooth forehead increases a person’s confidence and face value. Unwanted hair often affects self esteem of women. Hair on forehead is a common problem faced by many women.
Actually it is the baby hair on the hairline that makes them uneasy. Many of them find various ways to plug off stray hair on the forehead. Some opt for home measures to eliminate these hairs while others may like to visit a dermatologist to remove them.There are several reasons for baby hair growth on forehead. Let us know the causes underlying hair growth on forehead and ways to get rid of them.
What Causes Hair Growth On Forehead?
Women are more concerned about unwanted hair as this may affect their beauty. Hair growth is dominated by genetic factor. Some people may have dense growth of hair on their forehead, especially on the sides of forehead. If someone in your family has it, you are likely to have dense hair on your forehead. It is a genetic inheritance.
Growth of hair also depends on hormones.It is predominantly associated with the male hormone testosterone, especially the density and coarseness is related to the hormones. Excessive hair of such type on unwanted area is often called hirsutism in women. The underlying cause is hormones.
Women suffering from PCOS have more dense hair growth on their face and forehead. It may also be the same situation after menopause. Use of certain medication for long duration is also known to have one of their side effects as excessive unwanted hair growth.
Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Baby Hair On Forehead
Whatever may be the reason for hair growth on forehead; there are several home measures that may help to eliminate them and make you look well groomed.
- Tweezing is one of the popular ways used to remove hair from forehead. Although the procedure is slightly painful, but it removes the stray hairs from its roots and the hair does not grow as quickly for the second time.
- A paste prepared by mixing lemon juice, sugar and water is effective in removing unwanted hair from forehead. Prepare the mixture and apply it on the forehead. Let the paste remain for 10 to 15 minutes until it dries. Wash your forehead with water. Follow this procedure two times in a week.
- Take 2 to 3 teaspoons of honey and add two teaspoons of lemon juice. Mix both until it forms a thick paste. Apply the paste on forehead. Ensure that the paste is applied on the opposite direction of hair growth. After 15 minutes wash your forehead with cold water, the tiny baby hair will be plucked out from the roots while cleaning the forehead.
- A face mask prepared by mixing corn flour, sugar and egg is also time tested home remedy to remove unwanted hair from forehead. Blend all the ingredients in a bowl to prepare the face mask. Apply it on the forehead. After 20 minutes when the face mask becomes dry, peel it off in opposite direction of hair growth. Follow this procedure at least once in fifteen days to keep your forehead clean and smooth.
- Add two teaspoon of yogurt to ¼ cup of gram flour. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and two teaspoon of water. Mix all ingredients till it forms a consistent paste. Apply it on forehead and leave it to dry for 15 minutes. Wash your forehead with lukewarm water. Follow this procedure two times in a week.