Males and females have the same number of hair on their bodies. The only difference is how longer, darker, and thicker they grow. What makes them grow as such is controlled by how much testosterone is in the body.
Testosterone, which is found in large amounts in male, is the reason why males have more pronounced facial hair. Since females have very low testosterone levels, you don’t see a lot of facial hair on females.
Facial hair are an unwanted prospect that a lot of women face. Their presence is like an affront to a woman’s beauty, diminishing her feminine appeal.The situation becomes even more complicated because women cannot just try the method employed by men to get rid of unwanted facial hair. There are plenty of hair removal methods such as waxing, plucking, or even shaving, but none of these methods are appealing enough to all women.
However, because of the necessity to get rid of unwanted facial hairs, women are left without any choice but to try home remedies that may just offer the best means to rid of facial hairs.
What Causes Excess Facial Hair Growth?
The following reasons will help explain why some people have really thick, dark, and long facial hairs.
- Hormonal changes. Hormonal imbalance of testosterone and androgen can cause and result to the increase in production of facial hair.
- Lotions that would stimulate and promote the growth of hair follicles.
Home Remedies To Remove Excess Facial Hair
Most men do not mind having facial hair. In some cultures, women with excessive facial hair is not a problem. However, our society generally do not accept people with excessive facial hair. Here are the best remedies you can do at home to remove facial hairs.
- Do-it-at-home waxing kit. This is the easiest and most commonly used remedy for removing facial hair. You can opt to remove the facial hair with the use of beeswax. You simply apply the wax on the area, place a piece of cloth that is provided, and rip it off.
- Plucking the hair using tweezers can also help to remove cheek hair but it would take time to do so.
- Prepare a paste by mixing gram flour, turmeric powder, and curd. Once a pasty substance is produced, apply it on the face and allow it to dry. Once the substance has dried, rub it off by using the palm of the hands. Facial hair will be removed, getting mixed with the pasty substance. A variation of this preparation is to use water instead of curd.
- Mix one egg white with a teaspoon of sugar and half a teaspoon of corn flour. Mix the preparation thoroughly until a pasty substance is formed. Apply this sticky substance on the face and then rub it off gently using the hands.
- Mix some turmeric powder with milk. Apply the mixture on the face and leave for a few minutes. When rubbing the mixture off the face, use a circular motion. In order to diminish the pain and swelling, wash the face with cold water to provide relief.
- Painless method for facial hair removal is to mix sugar, lemon juice, and water until a pasty substance is formed. With the aid of a brush, apply the mixture evenly on the face. Leave on the face for at least 10 minutes and then rinse off. Continue the application for at least twice a week to diminish hair growth and eventually eliminate them.
When an individual undergoes hair removal, it would usually cause an injury to the pores and to the skin.
The skin is highly sensitive and the hair removal could be painful and will last for a few days.