Diarrhea Natural Cures:
Excessive diarrhea results in electrolyte imbalance. Usually electrolytes are lost in this case e.g. potassium. Result of this is paleness of body, weakness resulting in listless looks and under eye dark circles. Loose motion or Diarrhea is defined as frequent watery loose motions. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are abdominal cramping and pain; there is urgency to stools with nausea and possibly vomiting and fever. Thirst may be increased due to loss of water from the body.
Infant diarrhea is very common during dentition. Infants can very easily become dehydrated if proper attention is not given and can go in shock due to fluid loss.
Possible causes of diarrhea are too much of eating, gastro-enteritis, mental pressure, indigestion of the food, if one is consuming some medicines, influenza, abdominal worms, coffee, water consumed is contaminated, bacterial or viral infections, consuming certain items such as spoiled fruits, fats or protein, accidental consumption of soap e.g. half rinsed plates, foreign tour, week digestion or intolerance of milk (lactose) and last but not the least is cancer of the intestinal tract.
Breast feed babies are less likely to have diarrhea than bottle fed.
- Avoid all things which are causative factor for diarrhea. Treatment and prevention require clean sources of food, proper storage of food and hygienic preparation with cleanliness and discipline.
- In child check level of dehydration by pulling gently the skin of his abdomen. If it stands up and stays there, he is getting dehydrated. Give him fluids. Other signs of dehydration are reduced urine output, sunken eyeballs, fever, rapid breathing and dry mouth.
Home Remedies for Diarrhea:
- Apple pulp is rich in pectin. Apples and apple-sauce are centuries old treatment for diarrhea.
- Brewer’s yeast has shown to alter the immune system or the flora living in the intestine and may relieve infectious diarrhea.
- Stone Apple powder is very useful in controlling diarrhea. 2.5-5gm is taken two to three times depending upon the severity of diarrhea.
- To restore electrolytes, add one level teaspoon table salt and four heaping teaspoon sugar to a liter of boiled water and consume it.
- Diarrhea in infants can be checked by the use of thin, home made, boiled rice or barley water. In adults cooked rice controls diarrhea.
- To eliminate the cause of diarrhea give one tablespoon of charcoal powder in a little water and let him suck it through a straw or drink from a baby bottle. In case of adults give activated charcoal (4-6) 250mg capsules every 2-3rhs until symptoms are relieved.