Question: I am 25 years old married woman, working part-time and mother of 15 months old boy. I am always tired and exhausted physically and mentally no matter how much I sleep. I take 2 to 3 naps a day. Headaches range from mild to severe with or without nausea and/or vomiting.
Answer: There are several causes for you to feel tired or exhausted. Most of the causes are related to emotional causes, while a few are attributed to physical causes.
Physical causes of tiredness and exhaustion:
- Being overweight or underweight.
- Suffering from anemia, thyroid disorder or asthma.
- Pregnancy may also cause tiredness.
- Sleep apnea and insomnia can cause tiredness.
Emotional causes of feeling tired and exhausted:
- Stress and worries are associated with feeling of tiredness.
- Depression, anxiety and apprehension are also related to a sense of tiredness.
- Other causes include disturbed sleep, taking nap during the day, etc.
Natural Remedies For Tiredness And Exhaustion
- Maintain a sleep routine. Keep a fixed time for going to bed and getting up in the morning.
- Don’t take naps during the day to avoid tiredness.
- Having a warm bath before going to sleep will be helpful to cure fatigue.
- Avoid coffee, smoking or tea before going to bed. Nicotine and caffeine tend to cause wakefulness.
- Ensure a balanced diet and avoid overeating to prevent exhaustion. Eat small quantities of food.
- Avoid eating dinner after 8 pm.
- Moderate physical exercise will promote a sense of health and will help you sleep effectively.
- Homeopathic remedy for tiredness – Passiflora 30, 4 pills taken 2 hours prior to sleep will be very helpful. It will help you get a peaceful slumber and you will wake up fresh and full of energy.