Causes of Red Itchy Rash between Legs
A skin rash can be found anywhere in the body although there are certain areas more prone to having a red rash such as the inner thighs or between the legs. This is because the inner thighs receive constant friction and bump against each other during normal daily activities such as walking or running. The red rash between legs is normally itchy, but it goes away after a day or two even without any treatment. However, it is important that you seek professional help should the rashes manifest other symptoms aside from mere redness and itchiness between the legs because there could be serious reasons for the rashes.Insect bites on the elbow can cause Rash On Your Elbows.
Other causes of red rash between legs include the following:
- Contact dermatitis
- Skin allergies
- Golfer’s vasculitis
- Skin disorders
Home Remedies And Treatment For Red Rash Between Legs
If the cause of the itchy red rash between legs is mere skin irritation, you can just apply herbal or commercial topical creams to eliminate the itchiness. If you do not want to spend anything for the treatment, you just go to your kitchen because some of the most effective remedies for skin irritation are found at home. Some of them include the following:
- Aloe vera gel and other herbs with anti-inflammatory properties can be applied directly to the affected area.
- Apply essential oils such as olive oil, avocado, jasmine among others to the red rash between legs to soothe the irritation and itchiness.
- A paste of oatmeal or cornstarch is also effective in eliminating rashes.
- Apply vitamin E to the affected area to moisturize and soothe irritation.
- You can also apply gentle lotion. Especially those with aloe vera extract to get rid of the itchiness.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes and ill-fitted pants.