Peeling skin on palms of hands is a normal occurrence. Our skin normally sheds off its outer part or the epidermis after 28 days, but we do not usually notice it because the peeling is subtle and hardly noticeable. If you have noticed that you are having peeling skin palms, do not worry as it will just leave you after a few days and you can even apply home remedies to speed up the normal skin peeling process.
Causes of Peeling Skin on Palms
However, when your peeling skin palms are noticeable and severe, you must consider skin infection and possible diseases as some of the many causes of peeling skin palms.Allergic reaction to drugs and medication, exposure to harsh chemicals, and prolonged exposure to water and sunlight are also among the usual causes of peeling skin on palms of hands. Treating this temporary skin condition is a must if you want to avoid severe and permanent damage to your skin cells. Some of the most effective home remedies for peeling skin palms include:
Home Remedies and Cures for Peeling Skin Palms and Hands
- Lathering your palms with a liberal amount of petroleum jelly before going to bed. Put on a pair of hand gloves to seal in moisture and stop the peeling of your palms.
- Drink plenty of water for natural hydration. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day for best results.
- Grate some cucumber and hold them on your palms for 15 to 20 minutes then wash your hands with warm water after.
- Apply moisturizers and gentle hand lotion as often as you can and immediately after being exposed to water.
- Avoid washing your hands too frequently as this could wash away the lipids or the natural skin protection against dryness.
- Avoid holding harsh chemicals. If you would be exposed to such, use hand gloves and apply skin moisturizer after.