If you noticed that you are having peeling skin on fingertips, rest assured that there are several remedies that you can apply to your condition. Most, if not all, of these treatments would not cost you anything. And this peeling skin on fingertips remedies can be administered at home without the need of medical opinion, but they should be acted upon immediately to avoid infection and skin complications.
Causes of Peeling Skin on Fingertips
Generally, the peeling skin on fingertips causes include improper cutting of fingernails, picking on hanging nails, exposure to harsh chemicals found in hand soap, detergent bars, cleaning agents, and dishwashing liquids.Other causes include the following:
- Drug allergy
- Excessive vitamin A consumption
- Change in weather
- Blisters and sunburn
- Kawasaki disease
- Frequent trauma to fingertips
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Frequent hand washing
Home Remedies for Dry and Peeling Skin Fingertips
A lot of home remedies can be applied to dry peeling skin on fingertips. These natural cures include:
- Mix turmeric powder and sandalwood then apply on your fingertips.
- Dip your fingertips to a bowl of warm water and oats for several minutes. Let your skin absorb the mixture then pat your fingers dry. Apply a gentle moisturizing lotion after.
- To heal the fissures, apply honey and olive oil to your fingertips. You can also leave petroleum jelly on your fingertips overnight to get the best result.
- Apply grated cucumber on your hands from 15 to 20 minutes to naturally moisturize your skin
- Moisturize your hands including your fingertips as frequently as possible.
- Avoid unnecessary washing of hands. If you must wash your hands frequently, apply a moisturizing lotion immediately after.
- Apply fresh mint juice on your fingertips every night to soothe your peeling skin on fingertips.