The treatment for peeling skin on fingers and toes would depend on its severity and cause. Most causes of peeling skin on fingers are not considered risky, although some of them could be due to serious diseases and could cause potential permanent damage should it be left untreated. To know how to treat your skin condition, you must primarily determine its root cause.
Peeling Skin on Fingers Causes
The usual causes of peeling skin fingers include:
- Dryness of the skin due to change of weather or prolonged exposure to air and sunlight
- Excessive consumption of vitamin A
- Allergic reaction to medicines
- Repeated finger trauma due to strumming of guitar
- Frequent hand washing. Dishwashing soaps and hand washing liquids could have harmful ingredients that may hurt the finger skin.
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Health conditions such as vasculitis and psoriasis
- Serious health diseases like diabetes and Kawasaki disease
Treatment and Remedies for Fingers Skin Peeling
Treatment of peeling skin on fingers is not so difficult if you know how to do it. Take these safe home remedies for fingers skin peeling problem.
- Frequently apply moisturizer to soften the skin on your hands.
- Use hand gloves if you would be exposed to water for a long time.
- Detoxify your skin and your gastrointestinal tract.
- Apply grated cucumber on your hands from 15 to 20 minutes to naturally moisturize your skin.
- Mix olive oil with honey and apply the mixture on your fingers especially on affected areas.
- Apply fresh mint juice on your fingers every night.
- Let your fingers rest especially for trauma causes. You can use a pick for guitar playing to avoid harming your fingers.
- Drink plenty of water to naturally hydrate your skin.