Hemorrhoids or piles occur due to engorged and / or inflamed recta veins. Predominantly, they occur due to poor bowel movement and constipation. Straining at stool aggravates the condition. Prolonged lifting of weights is another contributing factor.
Eliminating the causative and maintaining factors helps treat piles effectively. It is easy to treat hemorrhoids in the initial stages of development. Once it has progressed, you can alleviate the pain, sensation of fullness and bleeding successfully.
Some of the common causes for hemorrhoids or piles include:
- Hard, dry stools with excessive straining at stool.
- Habitual constipation.
- Prolonged and habitual use of artificial laxatives to fight constipation.
- Inadequate intake of dietary roughage.
- Poor water intake.
Diet alone can help treat hemorrhoids successfully, without medical or surgical treatment.
Ensure that you diet includes the following foods.
- Dried figs
- Plenty of water
These foods promise to eliminate piles and its bothersome symptoms promptly. They regulate bowel movement, prevent straining at stool and fight constipation. Bowl regularity and soft, smooth stools is the key to piles management. Incorporate these foods in to your daily diet for at least 1 month for optimum results.
Home Remedies For Hemorrhoids Or Piles
In addition to dietary measures, certain drugs, herbal treatment and in some cases surgery helps manage the disorder.The treatment will prevent an aggravation of the condition, check bleeding during stool, reduce itching around the anus, alleviate the pain and get rid of the sensation of fullness in the rectum.
- Enhancing your water intake is one of the ways how you can tackle piles. Water aids in the smooth passage of stools, preventing straining. So step-up your water intake to a minimum of 3 liter daily.
- Avoid straining at stool. It worsens the condition.
- Do not resort to the use of artificial laxatives. They make you highly dependent on them and cause a chronic condition of diarrhea alternating with constipation, which can have serious repercussions.
- Dry figs are the most excellent and most effective natural hemorrhoid treatment and to battle an improper bowel movement and piles. They encourage a good peristaltic movement and stimulate digestion. They add bulk to the feces, and aid in their easy passage.
- Include loads of green leafy vegetables, whole cereals, especially oats, nuts and fruits. They are rich in dietary fiber and prevent constipation.
- Homeopathic remedy Aloe, is quick acting and highly effective in treatment for piles. It is recommended when there are protruding piles of long standing. Aloe eases the engorgement of veins, reduces the sensation of fullness and heaviness in the rectum and checks constipation.
Additionally, avoid lifting heavy weights, and causing an increase in the abdominal pressure (chronic constipation / persistent cough). Also you must watch your diet.