Although itchy underarm is not a risky health situation, it should still be treated to avoid embarrassment and further irritation. If left untreated, armpit itch could lead to skin infections especially if scratched with dirty fingers. Fortunately, there are several home remedies you can apply to prevent infection and skin damage or an embarrassing situation. Try these proven safe and effective home remedies for your itching armpits:
Home Remedies And Cures For Itchy Armpits
- To avoid itchy underarm, it is important that you maintain proper hygiene. Take a bath at least twice a day and change to clean clothes as often as needed. Immediately change your clothes if it gets wet with perspiration especially in the underarm area.
- Dab cornstarch on your underarm after bathing. This will keep your armpits dry and free from unpleasant smell.
- Avoid using other people’s clothes whether the clothes are washed or not since bacteria that causes foul odor can stay in clothes even after washing.
- Keep your personal things to yourself such as deodorants and shavers.
- Get half cup of flour and brown it in the oven. Apply the brown flour in the armpits to keep the armpits dry and prevent it from itching.
- Shave your armpits regularly using mild shaving creams. Having hair in the armpit allow sweat accumulation in the area resulting to itching armpits.
- Keep your underarms dry all the time. You can achieve this by dabbing unscented prickly heat powder to your armpits right after bathing.
- To keep your armpit free from bacteria and germs, slice a lemon and scrub it on your underarm. Leave it on.
- Avoid using ill-fitted clothes as they promote sweating. Wear airy and comfortable clothes especially if you would be going to a crowded or hot area.
- Reduce weight.