Having an itchy anus is not just uncomfortable but it could also be a source of embarrassment especially when you can no longer control the itchiness. The itchiness of your anus needs to be treated immediately to avoid complications. There are several itchy anus cures that you can apply, but primarily, you should determine the cause of the itchiness. The most common causes of itchy anus include:
What are the Causes of Itchy Anus
- Poor hygiene or the accumulation of dried feces, sweat, dust and skin cells result to itchy anus.
- Food allergy or consuming food and beverages that can trigger allergic reactions such as spicy food, wine, beer coffee, soft drinks, figs, and milk.
- Dry skin
- Excessive secretion of oil in the anal region
- Internal and external hemorrhoids
- Lose bowel movement and diarrhea
- Fungal and bacterial infection
- Intestinal parasites
- Sexually transmitted infections such as genital warts, syphilis, herpes, Chlamydia, gonorrhea, and pubic lice
Itchy Anus Home Remedies and Treatment
The first thing you should do when your anus is itchy is to avoid scratching it off or it would result to itchy anus blood and pus secretion. If the cause of your itchy anus is sexually transmitted in nature, you should consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and medical treatment. Avoid self-medication because such cases need accurate medication and proper monitoring.Other itchy anus cures are the following:
- Practice proper hygiene. Wash your anus with warm water without soap after defecation.
- If the skin of your anus is dry, avoid hot baths and apply glycerin the infected area.
- Be careful with your diet. Knowing your food allergies is essential to know which food should be avoided and which can trigger allergic reactions.