Natural Cures for Hemorrhoids or Piles:
Hemorrhoids or piles are caused due to swelling of the veins in the anus and rectum area. In the same area there occur breaks in the skin and these results in fissures. Small tears can occur in the area where the margins of the skin and mucous membrane meet, same as the tears one gets at the corners of the lips. Large and hard stool are one of the most common cause for this condition. Sometimes there can be possible bleeding. Burning, stinging and painful redness is common feature in this condition.
Preventing Hemorrhoids or Piles:
- A study has shown that patients given sitz baths and a high fiber diet, non-constipating meals recovered faster than the other.
- Avoid constipation as this is one of the important factors for pain while passing stools. Drink large amount of water, at least two liters per day along with fiber. Try to eat more raw vegetables and fruits.
- Potassium permanganate is used for sitz (sitting) baths as it is antiseptic and soothing agent which relieves pain and inflammation.
- Along with constipation one should also avoid diarrhea.
- Sit on some thing soft e.g. pillow. Avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Avoid spicy, highly seasoned foods; for they irritate the inflamed area.
- Avoid lifting heavy things as it causes pressure at anal region and fissures may take time to heal in this condition.
- Infants with these symptoms should be taken off cow’s milk.
Home Remedies for Piles or Hemorrhoids:
- Cranberry poultices are helpful in treating hemorrhoids. Blend a handful of cranberries, wrap a tablespoonful in cloth and lay them against the area. Change an hour later and repeat when you wish.
- Studies have shown that 84% of those receiving psyllium preparations have reported improvement in pain, itching, bleeding and discomfort when defecating. Psyllium and flaxseed absorb water, expand and soften the stools thus causing less pain while passing stools.
- A poultice is made from Echinacea and direct application of it to the area is to be done.
- Butter milk is the home remedy of choice in this condition. 100ml of butter milk is mixed with a little bit of black pepper powder and salt. This should be taken daily for a few months at least.