Question: I have high temperature in the evening for past two days but now the temperature has subsided slowly. But high temperature comes once in the early morning or night. I also have severe bitter mouth, throat and vomiting sensation.
Establishing the exact disease and its cause, and deciding the right line of treatment is very important. It determines the recovery.
Investigations that you need to do:
- Widal test ( for typhoid)
- SGOT, SGPT, serum bilirubin (for jaundice, which may, most commonly be due to a hepatitis virus.)
These 2 are your probable diagnosis, or it might just be a case of indisposition due to a viral infection.
Has there been any weight loss?
Altered bowel movement?
Treatments for Fever and Vomiting:
- Eat small, frequent, well-balanced meals, which are very easily digested, without taxing the stomach and intestines.
- Stay well hydrated.
- Take adequate rest.
- Use ginger to fight nausea. It is nature’s remedy for nausea and vomiting. Take it as juice or tea.
- Ipecac, a homoeopathy remedy is best suited to treat nausea, a bitter taste in the mouth, fever, fatigue and stomach upsets.
- Soak a fistful of raisins overnight. The next morning, puree them along with the water and drink. This the best tonic for you body.
- It is also essential that you go to a doctor for examination and get the investigations done.