What are the preventive measures to be taken in diet to avoid the recurrence of herpes attack?
Herpes is a viral disease, and is directly related to your immune system, if your body is fit and healthy, and the immunity is strong there is less likelihood of recurrence of herpes in your body. It is necessary to have a healthy and nutritious food; this is the first step in preventing the disease.
Recurrent Herpes Diet
Diet plan to inhibit the recurrence of Herpes:
Eat food rich in lysine and low in arginine, these are the 2 amino acids which have a great influence in the herpes outbreaks.
Foods rich in Lysine and low in arginine are:
- Fruits: mango, apricot, apple, figs, and pears, papaya.
- Vegetables: green leafy vegetables, beet roots, tomatoes. Broccoli, cabbage and Brussels sprout
- Milk and dairy products: icecream, cheese, yogurt.
Non vegetarian products
Food that should be avoided which are rich in arginine and low in lysine:
- Brown rice
- Dried beans like soya bean
- Peanut butter
- Whole wheat
Vitamins and minerals: They improve the immunity of the body and thus prevent the recurrence. Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, B6, B12, folic acid, zinc and magnesium rich foods are helpful to combat recurrence of herpes.
Alkaline foods which are helpful:
- Kiwi fruit
The five point diet program to curtail the recurrence of the herpes disease is:
- Increase the amount of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Drink good amount of water to hydrate your self.
- Avoid coffee, cold beverages, soda. Cigarettes, alcohol, substitute these things with herbal tea or water instead.
- Drink freshly made fruit and vegetable juice.
- Avoid refined sugar, white flour, processed food products.