I have a boil in my labia/ beginning of buttocks, it’s really painful and has been there for approximately 3 days I need to get rid of it, what I can do to get relief? What are the remedies for boils on buttocks?
Answer: Boils are localized, tender, inflamed, pus filled swellings in the skin. The hair follicle of the skin gets infected to form a boil. They are very painful. Eventually the pus in the boil gets drained as a soft head is formed in the boil.
Causes of boil in the labia or genital area
- Ingrown hair.
- The most common cause in boils in labia is plugged sweat glands which get infected.
- Foreign body.
- Cuts and bruises on the genital region.
- Herpes simplex.
- It can be due to poor nutrition and poor hygiene.
- Most common organism is staphylococcus bacteria.
Symptoms of Boils Between Buttocks
- Nodule filled with pus on the labia, which is painful making walking difficult.
- Fever may be present; there is swelling in the inguinal lymph nodes.
- Redness of the labia and swelling of the labia.
- In some cases there may be itching.
Treatment and Remedies for Boil In Labia
- One should boost the immunity by eating proper food, healthy and nutritious food.
- Personal hygiene has to be maintained.
- Warm water Seitz bath to get relief in pain.
- Turmeric powder applied on the area helps in healing process.
- Herbs of Echinacea, Astragalus, aloe vera are natural remedy as they increase the immunity.
- As some STDs are similar to the staph boils, an expert opinion of a medical practitioner becomes necessary to distinguish it in some cases.