To firm up your thighs and trim them requires tremendous efforts, determination and exercise. Fat in the thighs is the last thing to burn just like the belly fat.
Thigh firming exercise is done not only to look and feel good, but they are also intended to burn out the stubborn fat in your thighs. Thigh firming exercises increases the circulation of the thigh muscles, tone them and strengthen them.
Exercises For Toning Thigh Muscles
To shape your legs and tone them, there are various thigh firming exercises:
Before starting thigh exercises measure the circumference of your thigh.
Most of the thigh firming exercises is focused on the cardio and strength training. Rollerblading is the best cardio thigh exercise, which is followed by running and cycling or stair climbing.
Regularly perform simple thigh exercise for four weeks. Reduce your intake by 300 to 400 calories while you are on exercise schedule. Now measure the circumference and see if it has reduced and become firm. With thigh firming exercise you will gain slight muscle, but that’s fine as long as it has firmed your thigh and given a toned look.
- Squat exercise helps to firm the inner thigh muscles; wall squat is one such exercise. Place the exercise ball between your back curve and the wall. Press the ball so that it remains stable. Stand with your feet one foot apart. Bend your knees and lower your body by ten inches. Hold for 5 seconds and return to the original position.
- Scissors kick is another thigh firming exercise.
Inner Thigh Firming Exercises
- Lift one leg so that it is in the front of the other while holding the back of the chair. Lift the leg in the air till you feel the thigh muscles stretching. Return back to the normal position. Repeat it as many times as you can. Once you are perfect, you can increase your resistance level by using ankle weights.
- You can also firm your thighs while sitting. Sit on a chair and place a ball in between your legs. Now press the ball with your legs, you will find your thigh muscles contracting. After relaxing repeat it as many times as you can.
- Another simple way to firm your inner thigh is to sit on a chair with your legs apart. Place your hands on the inner side of the knee. Now push your knee against your hands, you will experience your inner thigh muscles contracting. Repeat it ten times.
- Another way to firm your thigh is leg circles. Lie down on the floor with both of your legs straight. Now raise one leg to ninety degrees, keeping the other leg bent and stationary on the floor. Now inhale and move your raised leg in clockwise motion. The circle should be limited to a foot in diameter. With exhaling finish full circle of 360 degrees. Repeat it ten times with each leg. This is an easy thigh firming exercise.