Many people are able to accomplice their goal of losing weight over a period of time by following strict diet regimen and exercise. However, most of them regain it after few months or a year. Indeed it is difficult to maintain weight after losing it fast, but not impossible task. If you are careful in controlling your old habits, the hard work that you have put in for losing weight will not go in vain.
The most important thing is to stick to the steps that you have followed to shed off extra pounds with determination and motivation.Always remember losing weight is not one time job. To maintain optimal weight after losing it is a continuous process. It can be easily achieved if you eat in moderation, follow healthy lifestyle and exercise daily.
Guidelines To Maintain Healthy Weight After Losing It Fast
Here are few easy and effective steps for maintaining healthy weight after losing it fast:
- Weigh yourself regularly on the measuring scale after losing your weight. Consistency in doing this will make you more aware of your weight either if it is gained or lost. Fluctuation of few pounds is acceptable, but if it exceeded its limit say by 5 pounds, than you know it’s time to control your calorie intake and exercise harder.
- Eat your breakfast regularly. Eating a healthy breakfast is likely to reduce the chances of overeating throughout the day.
- Plan your meals so that it has well balanced nutrients consisting of low fat, low carb, high protein and roughage. Eat more vegetables, fruits and lean protein in your meals. Add variety of food in your diet to make it more pleasant.
- Get rid of all junk foods from your house. The less you see them the less you will have desire to eat such food.
- Inculcate good eating habits. Avoid eating fried food and foods that are high in fat. Also avoid eating too much of sugary products as it tends to increase your weight. In short you have to be vigilant on what you eat.
- Spread your meals throughout the day. Instead of three large meals, prefer to eat 5 to 6 smaller meals.
- Drink enough water throughout the day. Although drinking water will not help in maintaining optimal weight, it may suffice the filling gap between the meals.
- Eat your meals regularly at the same time. This will prevent hunger pangs and thus reduce the desire to eat foods that you normally do not intend to eat.
- Exercise is the most important step in maintaining the optimal weight after losing it. It is essential to burn fat and rave up your metabolism. Set monthly goals of exercise. You can do any type of exercise which may include walking for one hour or running on the treadmill for 20 minutes or cycling and swimming. The main aim is to burn the calories.
- Adjust your exercise schedule or diet accordingly. If you have gained few pounds of weight, work harder in your gym to shed off excess fat. At the same time you may have to make alteration in your food if you have lost few more pounds.