This method mixes strength building exercises with cardiovascular ones that optimally create a total body workout.
Benefits of Elliptical Cross Trainer Exercise
- Elliptical cross trainers have been proven to burn as many calories as those who do regular jogging and brisk walking exercises. This makes the method of exercise effective in improving and maintaining density of the bones.
- It combines a number of different kinds of cardiovascular exercises into one.
- The elliptical movement of the equipment is low impact which can prevent stresses of the joints and at the same time a continuous and smooth movement that provides cardio workout routine that is impact-free.
- The machines or the elliptical cross trainers are programmed with various settings that aids in the proper monitoring of a cardio workout routine. Patients that use this equipment can customize the settings of the machine according to speed, resistance, and level of the ramp. Basically, the exercise that can be done can range from being an easy and mild to an intense one depending on the settings that have been chosen.
- It can also properly tone the lower part of the body especially the leg muscles.
- The use of the elliptical cross trainer does not only tone the lower part of the body but also the upper part which makes the workout a dual action one.
- It can only take 30 minutes for patients to do a complete workout routine when using the elliptical cross trainers.
- It can burn more calories compare to other exercise machines like the treadmill and the exercise bike.
- Overall, the elliptical cross trainers help in losing weight and maintaining and improving good health.
- Maintenance of the equipment is easy compared to other exercise machines because of the low-impact elliptical movement and fewer parts that move.
Tips on Elliptical Cross Training Workout
Working out by using and elliptical cross trainer is one effective way in losing weight and toning the body. The workouts with this equipment often involve the following steps:
- Workout can be done four times per week for around 30 minutes per workout session. Patients who do this regularly will have an increase in heart rate for a certain period of time which will result in the burning of calories.
- Patients can choose from several elliptical cross trainer programs.
- Patients should set a time or an interval for rest and recovery after the workout. Setting of the interval can be done in the machine.
- A correct upright posture is needed when using the equipment to promote maximum benefits.
- It would be beneficial for patients to focus on core muscles which can give stability and strength for the whole body while using the equipment.
- It is best for patients to monitor heart rate during workouts. There are elliptical cross trainers that are attached with a heart rate monitor.