Excessive sagging of the upper eyelids is medically known as ptosis. The eyelid may droop to some extent or in severe cases may cover the entire pupil resulting in visual problems.
How To Lift Eyelids Naturally?
The eyelids can be lifted naturally. The treatment begins with determining the underlying cause. If the condition is congenital / age related, then the doctor will recommend a corrective surgery. If the cause is a muscle disorder, a neurological ailment or an eye disease, then the doctor may prescribe drugs to manage the case. Eye exercises go a long way in the effective management of ptosis.
Exercises To Lift Eyelids
- Place 2 fingers on the temples and press. Open and close your eyes rapidly. Repeat 15 times.
- Keep your eyes open, and look up and then down without turning the head. Next, look left and right, without turning the head.
- Sit upright and look ahead. Keep your eyes open and look to your left and then to your right, without moving your head. Repeat the cycle at least 3 times.
- Place your fingers on each temple, and then pull the eyes outwards, gently. Open and close your eyes, rapidly, 10 times.
- Raise your eyebrows, and concurrently, shut the eyelids halfway. Perform this exercise before the mirror, until you get accustomed to it. Repeat it 10 times.
Sagging Eyelid Exercises
A host of exercises help strengthen and tone up the eye muscles. They have been used successfully to lift dropping eyelids. Treatment for ptosis also includes the use of scleral contact lenses. However, in certain cases surgical intervention becomes necessary.